Friday, August 14, 2020

Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt Along

Hello!
Oh my the fun stuff do I have for you today! If you are following me on Facebook or Instagram, then you know that today was the big reveal for the fun we are going to have. 

The Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt Along!!!!




Can I just say that the last six months has been something I would have never expected, but there has been a silver lining in it for me.  I have really wanted to sew with people and I have missed that in my life.  I have had some wonderful classes online with My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe and that has given me the courage to branch out my business and reach out to all of you for this fun event.  So let's get some details in shall we.

What Event: Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt Along with Sewing Corals
When: Starts January 1, 2021 officially so we can start of the new year right.
Duration of QAL: January 2021-June 2021
Class style: ZOOM classes will be held once a week to go over block patterns and techniques.  The best part is all zoom classes will be recorded and a replay link will be provided after so you can watch class over and over again. But we will get to more details in a second.
Prizes: Umm Yes!!!  There will definitely be prizes for posts using a specific hashtag.
Kits Available?: Double yes! We will get to that in a minute too.

Did I miss anything? Ok then, lets get started.

The Farm Girl Vintage 2 Quilt reminds me of the farm life I grew up with during my childhood and what better way to feel closer to your roots during these times than quilt Farm Girls with quilt friends! Lori Holt has just knocked it out of the park with not only Farm Girls Vintage 2, but her latest fabric collection through Riley Blake Designed, called Prim, is spot on for this quilt.  Now for backgrounds, I am not usually a white background person.  I know they are absolutely beautiful but white scares me.  No joke. But I LOVE cream.  In looking for possible backgrounds, I found these beautiful Cloud White fabrics designed by Kathy Hall with Andover Fabrics that come in blue grays, creams and whites.


Now some of you may be new to quilting or have been so involved in home schooling that you are a little rusty and that is totally ok.  In November and December we are going to have "Boot Camp" to refresh and make some beautiful projects.  In November we will be making a CUTE gingham quilt.  all squares but perfect for the holiday season.  December will be a smaller project but it will focus on triangle techniques and piecing different shapes together.  


Lets talk about Zoom next.  Zoom has been a thing as of late.  To some it may be intimidating, but I am totally here for you.  I will walk you through it when the time gets closer.  This is going to be so fun as you will see people from all over and if it is just you and me... think of it as a private VIP party.  (insert the laughing face here). The best part of Zoom is you don't have to be present to get the info discussed on Zoom.  I will be recording it!  Everyone will be getting a link after the class that you can play over and over to your hearts content. I will also be available to answer any questions in between time.

With any quilt along comes prizes!  There has to be prizes because we are going to have a blast during this quilt along and what better icing on the cake than having prizes.  I will keep those a surprise but let me just say that they are going to be amazing. There will also be a special prize for finishing the quilt top by June and I think it is the perfect compliment to a job well done.

So lets get to the fun stuff. Fabric, pattern and class pricing. If you would like to buy everything here there will be a discount on the bundle packages.  Pricing is as follows:

Farm Girl Vintage 2 Book: $30
(This book has the patterns for the boot camp classes as well.)
Kit for top and binding: $250
Backing: $45
Zoom classes: $80
(2-4 classes per month for 2-3 hours each for 6 months)

Boot Camp
November Class: $15
Materials: $95
December Class: $15
Materials: $30

BUNDLE DEALS: 
Farm Girl Vintage 2: $400 including tax 
(complete quilt kit and classes.)

Farm Girl Vintage 2 and Boot Camp: $590 including tax
(Everything listed above)

Payment can be in the form of Paypal or Venmo.  Please email me your preference and I will send a payment request to you.  

If you have made it this far, you are my hero.  I am always here to answer questions.  Please contact me at sewingcoralsllc@gmail.com or message me on Instagram, Facebook, or here.  I am happy to help answer any questions and get you on track to start this fun quilt along.

I am so EXCITED!








No comments:

Post a Comment